Histology Laboratory Supervisor
Our Client, operates clinical pathology laboratories that provide diagnostic services in the fields of dermatology, gastroenterology, hematology, and urology.
As a Histology Laboratory Supervisor, you will be is responsible for overseeing daily routine laboratory operations on designated shift to ensure that all policies and procedures are carried out, schedules are consistent with workflow plans, and the unit meets production requirements while maintaining adherence to Quality Control (QC) and regulatory guidelines. This is a great opportunity for a supervisor with 2+ years pf experience with a NY State Licensure and ASCP Certification, with Cryo and Paraffin experience.
Terms: Direct Hire
Schedule: 9a-530p (+/-) 1hr on start time Monday-Friday prefer some Saturday availability
- Provide daily supervision of moderate complexity test performance for routine histology functions including processing, embedding, microtomy, and staining.
- Maintain established performance and production standards, assure remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Assists with the selection, training, mentoring, employee scheduling, annual goal setting, performance evaluation and coaching of lab team.
- Evaluate the competency of laboratory personnel and assure employees maintain their competency to perform procedure, including, but are not limited to:
- Direct observations of routine patient test performance, including patient preparation, if applicable, specimen handling, processing, and testing;
- Reviewing quality control records, proficiency testing results, and preventative maintenance records;
- Directing observation of performance of instrument maintenance and function checks.
- Acts as first point of contact on technical, procedural, and policy questions. Keeps team informed of new processes and general updates.
- Assist with microtomy and embedding tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s in Science or Biology strongly preferred.
- Experience with Immunohistochemistry (IHC)
- QA/QC: Validations- making sure equipment is working properly
- Five+ years in an anatomical pathology laboratory; two plus years’ experience in a supervisor capacity.
- Six Sigma Training is just a plus, not necessary – need to interact with leadership, reports, and vendors/externals as well
- Current HT/HTL(ASCP) certification strongly preferred.
- Expectation to perform bench level tasks at least 20% of the time.
- Requires a high degree of care and attention with strict adherence to defined clinical testing protocols.
- Demonstrated skills in technical data interpretation and ability to troubleshoot.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, and general working knowledge of Internet for business use.
**This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you**