Head of Biologics- Program Mangement
- Location: College Station, TX
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #34385
The role of Site Head, Biologics Program Management is to lead the local Program Management team.
- Deliver on commitments to our customers by ensuring that each customer program is managed in accordance with established best practice procedures and processes: with open communication:
- Ensuring that all customer program activities are planned, tracked in detailed program plans delineated by function with critical path clearly identified.
- Ensure that clear and open channels of communication are established with customers and stakeholders (both internal and external).
- Ensure that as program risks are identified, mitigation plans are established as necessary.
- Understanding the impact of changes to program plans (both client requested and necessary changes given developmental nature of programs) to create, develop and test options with company and customers, securing agreement and implementing revised plans and milestones.
- Bringing together a total picture of the complete add-up of customer programs on site, identifying issues and changes and providing the Site Leadership Team or Commercial Leadership Team with options when major issues arise.
- Support company revenue targets by maximizing program milestone success, identifying, and assessing options when change occurs, and seeking to balance ups/downs across the portfolio.
- Minimize negative impact on program revenues and profitability by ensuring PMs recognize scope changes on existing work-plans and manage additional scope requests.
- Facilitate the development of great customer relationships by ensuring PMs understand and display excellent customer service and by personally representing on JSC meetings.
- Underpin the reputation of company for superb customer service and as a high achieving profitable business by building and coaching a team of PMs, aligned to customer programs, sharing best practices, being comfortable dealing with customers at senior level and encouraging a learning environment.
- Collaborate with Program Management Leadership across the network to improve “ways of working” and optimize company delivery plans at each location.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Complex customer base including very small start-up Biotech and major pharmaceutical companies thus the job holder must be able to adjust behaviors appropriately and operate comfortably at very senior level.
- With a global customer portfolio, this job holder must recognize, respect, and adapt to the specific needs of our customers and recognize cultural differences.
- Job holder must have an overview of the entire business to discharge this role and ensure appropriate decision making that considers impact on all functions.
- Demonstrated leadership skills; Ability to develop strategic relationships.
- Demonstrated experience with quality systems.
- Experience in a world class development or manufacturing organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other analytical applications.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills, effectively engaging, facilitating, with the ability to influence and collaborate with others.
- Ability to understand complex issues, evaluate them critically, and navigate a goal-oriented process.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills and the ability to identify, assess, and resolve business problems, issues, risks and facilitate issue resolution and risk mitigation.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with clients and internal colleagues and stakeholders in a matrixed team environment.
- Experience with ongoing prioritization, risk management and decision making, conflict resolution; integrates customer requirements, contract knowledge and input from functional experts to drive execution, decision making and team ownership/accountability.
- Focused on productivity, efficiency, simplification, right first time in program delivery (meeting customer requirements, cost reduction, growing business).
- Identify, recommend, and implement opportunities for streamlining team and business processes to reduce costs and improve efficiencies.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure effective and timely completion of deliverables and to ensure the team achieves and maintains a high level of sustainable performance.
- Ability to work effectively under extreme pressure to meet deadlines.
- Well organized with ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged standing, some bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Master’s degree preferably in business, engineering, science, or a related field with a minimum of 8 years’ experience preferably in Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical Operations with at least 5 years’ relevant project management experience managing a portfolio of multiple complex programs; OR
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, engineering, science, or a related field with a minimum of 10 years’ experience preferably in Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical Operations with at least 5 years’ relevant project management experience managing a portfolio of multiple complex programs; OR.
- High School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 14 years’ experience preferably in Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical Operations with at least 5 years’ relevant project management experience managing a portfolio of multiple complex programs.
- Experience in a cGMP facility or working with FDA regulations
- Certifications in Project/Risk Management (PMI-PMP, PMI-RMP) or Lean Six Sigma and demonstrated practical experience.
- Previous Accounting/Finance/Budgeting experience
- Experience in Six Sigma, Lean, and other problem-solving methodologies.