Global Innovations Site Operations Specialist
- Location: Athens, GA
- Type: Contract
- Job #35570
We are looking for a Global Operations Support Specialist to join the Research & Development team at our pharmaceutical facility in Athens, GA. This is an 18-month contract position and a great opportunity to gain experience with Laboratory management!
Location: Athens, GA
Schedule: Monday-Friday, First Shift
- Support the Laboratory Operations Manager with purchasing and systems management to ensure operational excellence
- Ensure high standards of operational support of activities across the Athens R&D site in line with best practices and governance.
- Ensure that R&D laboratories function efficiently and are in full compliance with local and corporate regulations.
- Provide support in activities including procurement of all laboratory supplies/consumables, consumable inventory stockrooms, distribution of ordered supplies, and housekeeping.
- Ensure facilities are well maintained and secure, including staff security, housekeeping, and internal personnel safety.
- Oversee and support the management of the waste flow processes and sterilization activities.
- Perform or support regular monthly safety inspections of all laboratories and safety stations within the R&D department facility.
- Ensure and support excellence in chemical management.
- Support laboratory management with delivery, maintenance and disposal of laboratory equipment and inventory.
- Ensure compliance with chemical management requirements (OSHA, internal standards)
- Occasional travel between company sites may be required.
- Professional knowledge of accounting or purchasing systems, budgeting, inventory, planning skills, and laboratory operational systems.
- Moderate experience in various lab environments is beneficial and preferred.
- demonstrated ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities in a passionate, positive, and professional manner.
- Customer service focused with strong inter-personal skills.
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams.
- Influence without authority.
- Ability to partner simultaneously with internal business colleagues and external consultants/experts as needed.
- Outstanding flexibility, adaptability, and sense of accountability
- Ability to represent team in a professional manner with stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 2 years’ experience in purchasing systems or budget management.
- Experience in a laboratory or production area is preferred.