Director of Research and Development – Industrial Manufacturing
- Location: Dallas
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #37196
Innovative Lubricant and Oil manufacturer in DFW is looking for a Director of R&D to provide development and leadership to meet customer needs and optimize the quality, cost, and performance of their products! Check out the benefits!
Pay: 130-145K DOE + 20% yearly target bonus
Schedule: Mon-Fri 8a-5p
Type of Job: Direct hire
This position provides technical development leadership and expertise and will lead the research and development team for lubrication, anti-seize, drilling compounds, and related product lines. Work with cross-functional teams to ensure products meet customer needs and optimize the quality, cost, and performance of existing products.
- Leads the product development team including lubricants, drilling compounds, anti-seize products and other specialty chemicals
- Leads the team of research and development and analytical lab chemists.
- Develops and implements growth strategies for the product lines in conjunction with operations, marketing, sales, and other functions. Assigns technical team members to specific projects in conjunction with other technical directors and ensures development deliverables have been met.
- Establishes and oversees the development agenda for continuous improvement including cost reductions, quality, and product improvements.
- Supports the new product development process and helps develop project management and technical formulation skills among the team members.
- Plans, implements, and directs the development and testing of field application simulation and test equipment.
- Participates in investigation and resolution of manufacturing process problems and recommend improvements. Approves new product and pilot batches as needed.
- Participates in investigation and resolution of customer product performance complaints.
- Supports technical service department in the technical presentations/education courses and in answering distributor/end user technical questions regarding product selection and/or suitability for use.
- Oversees relationships with raw material suppliers from a technical standpoint
- Develops and oversees the annual budget for the product development group in lubricants
B.S. in science or engineering with at least 15 years’ related experience
At least 10 years’ experience in lubricant or oil drilling compound formulation and development
At least 10 years’ experience in managing a technical team of chemists
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account & Health Savings Account
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) $1-$1 match, up to 6% – vest immediately
- 401(k) additional profit sharing – up to 3%
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)