Compounding Assistant I
Exciting development opportunity to work for a global leader dedicated to helping people see brilliantly. The largest device company in the world – with complementary businesses in Surgical and Vision Care.
Working under the direction of the Production Manager or Supervisor, the incumbent is responsible for supporting the production of quality sterile filtered products to meet the production schedule, which includes cleaning and preparation of processing equipment, maintaining the inventory of supplies and general housekeeping duties.
- Responsibilities include integrity testing of filters, preparation and sterilization of processing equipment, and coordinating task and schedules within the group and across functional lines.
- Due to business needs, it may be necessary to work overtime including nights and/or weekends.
- Skills include high degree of technical/mechanical aptitude: ability to function in a team environment; ability to operate computerized equipment; ability to function in a fast-paced environment; excellent interpersonal skill; and the ability to learn aseptic compounding procedures.
- Must haves: Ability to follow rules continuously
- Very close attention to details
- Eager Learner Ability to manage time well
- Ability to work under pressure
- Completes the job correctly not just quickly MUST be able to prioritize tasks and make sound judgment calls
- Self-motivated – interested in a growing their career (starting from the middle and working their way up)
- Computer Proficient
- Would like- (30) hours of college credits including two chemistry courses with laboratory (8 hours), and two or more years of external pharmaceutical (manufacturing industry) processing experience (water systems, sanitization, sterilizer, technician), or six months related manufacturing experience.
- Skills include high degree of mechanical aptitude; ability to function in a team environment; ability to operate computerized equipment; ability to function in a fast-paced machine-paced environment; excellent interpersonal skills; and ability to learn aseptic compounding procedures.
- Prefer -Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering and Chemical Compounding Experience.
This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you!