- Location: Cypress, CA
- Type: Contract To Hire
- Job #35344
Food Contract Testing Laboratory is seeking a Chemistry Technician to join their team! They are looking for a helpful, hardworking, and welcoming individual.
Pay Rate: $19/hr
- Composting and grinding of samples for analysis as required.
- Perform chemical analyses such as protein, moisture, fat, ash, and other components.
- Prepare sample for analysis according to procedure. Retrieve samples from designated areas (e.g. log-in, sample storage).
- Perform chemical analyses of macronutrients, micronutrients or other parameters as designated.
- Extract desired component from sample with appropriate processes so that concentration can be determined.
- Prepare standards and reagents that are needed for the analysis procedure.
- Write/label all samples throughout the process so that Client and sample numbers can be tracked.
- Perform calculations, checking and interpretation of results where applicable.
- Track status of designated tests as assigned to ensure Client turn around time commitments are met and inform supervisor of non compliance.
- Assist other departmental personnel with analysis tasks so that testing can proceed according to specified time limits.
- Update logbooks, transfer data and maintain records, including quality records for the specified tests, notify supervisor of any non compliant results.
- Perform necessary housekeeping duties in a timely manner, keeping the work areas and equipment clean and sanitized.
- Must participate in cleaning schedule and maintain retain samples as required.
- Train analysts where required and participate in the training programs.
- Perform necessary preventative maintenance on instrumentation according to identified schedules.
- Clean and prepare glassware for future analysis use.
- Ensure material/supplies are maintained and available for the next analysis including preparation of reagents where applicable.
- Coordinate with other department personnel with analysis tasks to maintain smooth flow of work
- Maintain knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) that is required to complete job responsibilities.
- Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process,including participation in monitoring of quality parameters as assigned, and performance of necessary tasks related to quality control parameters for the test being performed.
- This position has the responsibilities and authority to identify departures from the quality system or test procedures and document such observations in accordance with the prescribed complaint system and supervisor is notified.
- Responsibility to support laboratory management in the implementation, maintenance, and improvement of the quality management system.
- Adhere to all safety policies.
- Perform other related tasks as needed
Profile (required education/qualifications and professional background): A general knowledge of the Laboratory Information Management System is required to process client data. The incumbent needs a basic knowledge of analytical chemistry to perform analysis procedures. Manual dexterity is needed to manipulate samples where required. A basic knowledge of personal computers is useful to accurately enter testing data and results. Associated degree and one or more years of experience, or Bachelors degree.
Required skills: This position requires a basic level of knowledge in both wet and instrumental chemistry procedures to perform analysis on samples. Analytical skills are essential to complete analysis procedures and determine the concentration of the microorganism. A general knowledge of the Laboratory Information
Management System is required to process client data. Physical dexterity is required for manipulating samples.