Chemist II/III Reviewer
- Location: Columbia, SC
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #35309
Shift: Monday-Friday 7:30am-4pm or 8:00am -4:30pm
Level II – $29-32/hr
Level III – $33-35/h
The Chemist II/III – Reviewer is responsible for review of data generated by other analysts and performing some analytical testing related to compounding activities, and final product testing in the Chemistry laboratory.
- QC Review of raw material, compounding and finished product batch records and other applicable laboratory documents (i.e. laboratory notebooks).
- Responsible for data review of method transfers.
- Responsible for data review of complaint samples.
- Responsible for performing compounding activities, and final product testing.
- Assist in the investigations of OOS and deviations as requested by the QC Laboratory Manager.
- Assist in special projects as requested by the QC Laboratory Manager.
- Assist in writing laboratory SOPs.
- Notify QC Laboratory Manager immediately of out of specification results.
- Review and ensure that routine maintenance of instrumentation is performed as stated in the instrument manual.
- Responsible for coordinating documents ready for off-site storage to include documents located in the file cabinets.
- Responsible for ensuring new logbooks are acquired.
- Responsible for the general maintenance of the Chemistry Laboratory including good housekeeping and a safe working environment.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures, safety, health, and cGMP Guidelines.
- BS degree in Chemistry or related field with at least 2 years experience in a QC laboratory environment.
- Ability to understand and follow all applicable standard operating procedures and cGMP.
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard laboratory techniques and procedures as evidenced by prior work experience or on the job training.
- Ability to operate standard and advanced laboratory instrumentation as evidenced by prior work experience or on the job training.
- Ability to participate in and contribute to a team-oriented work environment by developing positive working relationships within QC and between other departments.