- Location: Columbia, SC
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #36307
$25 – $32/hr based on experience.
Schedule: hours are mid day shift 11a m – 7pm and rotate to a weekend shift every 4 weeks.
Our pharmaceutical company who specializes in manufacturing inhalation products, eye drops, ear drops, and unit dose oral liquids is seeking a Chemist I/II to join their growing team. This is a amazing opportunity to work with a progressive company whose dedication to new and innovative ideas in the pharmaceutical industry is at the core of their company.
- Responsible for sampling, testing, and releasing all chemical raw materials.
- Responsible for performing dispensing activities.
- Responsible for performing all chemical raw material, in-process, and final product testing.
- Responsible for performing all chemical tests associated with product stability studies.
- Responsible for performing all chemical tests associated with validations, such as cleaning process or equipment validations.
- Responsible for performing method transfers.
- Responsible for analysis of complaint samples.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, maintenance, and calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Document raw and final data to ensure complete and proper documentation according to our procedures and applicable cGMPs.
- QC Reviewer of dispensing, raw material, compounding and finished product batch records and other applicable laboratory documents (i.e. laboratory notebooks).
- Responsible for practicing all applicable cGMPs/cGLPs.
- Assist in the investigations of OOS and deviations as requested by the QC Laboratory Manager.
- Assist in special projects and regulatory audits as requested by the QC Laboratory Manager.
- Assist in writing laboratory SOPs.
- Notify QC Laboratory Manager immediately of out of specification results.
- Responsible for ensuring that routine maintenance of instrumentation is performed as stated in the instrument manual and contacting the manufacturer for assistance when needed.
- Responsible for coordinating documents ready for off-site storage to include documents located in the file cabinets.
- Responsible for ensuring new logbooks are acquired.
- Responsible for the general maintenance of the Chemistry Laboratory including good housekeeping and a safe working environment.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures, safety, health, and cGMP Guidelines.
- BS degree in Chemistry or related field with 2 – 4 years experience in a QC laboratory environment.
- Ability to understand/follow all applicable standard operating procedures and cGMPs/cGLPs routinely.
- Proficient with current word processing, spreadsheets, and database software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard laboratory techniques and procedures as evidenced by prior work experience or on the job training.
- Ability to operate standard and advanced laboratory instrumentation as evidenced by prior work experience or on the job training.
- Ability to participate in and contribute to a team-oriented work environment by developing positive working relationships within QC and between other departments.