- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Type: Contract To Hire
- Job #35358
Type of Job: Contract to hire (3 months)
Schedule: Mon-Fri 8a-4:30p
Job Title: Chemist I Department: Liquid Inks
Location: Charlotte, NC
The Chemist will be responsible for the development of liquid inks and provide technical assistance and support of current customers and products. Other responsibilities include product portfolio enhancement, profitability improvement, and broaden technology innovation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receives project assignments from supervisor and formulates inks and coatings as required.
- Carries out approved standard test procedures and develops new ones.
- Prepares prints of inks and coatings or other exhibits for internal and customer use.
- Participates in planning and analysis of lab projects as required.
- In association with the Supervisor, submits final formulation to manufacturing or manufacturing services.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS Degree in Chemistry other related science or equivalent experience
- Must be able to communicate technical data – customer reports, technology transfer, internal presentation
- Competency on internal programs such as GPM, SAP, ISO and RisQ.
- Solid Math skills and Time/Project Management skills
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Prior experience in ink formulations using solvent, water, or energy curable based technology
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK: Exempt 80 hour bi-weekly work schedule