Chemist – 3rd shift
- Location: Chicago area
- Type: Contract To Hire
- Job #36160
Exciting New Opportunity with a leading beauty/cosmetic company in Chicago, IL!
Contract to Hire role on 2nd shift- looking for someone with good experience related to HPLC / GC operation/troubleshooting and with 2-3 years in a quality lab setting.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 11pm – 8am (3rd Shift)
We’re seeking a self-starter, dynamic Analytical Chemist to join our dynamic team reporting to the Analytical Lab Manager.
As an Analytical Chemist you specialize in analyzing substances. You would use complex equipment and procedures such as chromatography, electrophoresis, mass spectrometry, and optical spectroscopy to test samples and identify and quantify their components. The work of the Analytical Chemist is of paramount importance to our organization, as it generates information about the make-up and possible interaction of substances that might be turned into a wide array of different products.
If you are a highly motivated self-starter who excels in a fast-paced, competitive environment with limitless potential – Apply now!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using a range of software, techniques and equipment to carry out research and analysis.
- Analyzing and interpreting data.
- Perform routine maintenance of equipment and daily quality control testing of analytical methods.
- Calibrate laboratory equipment according to maintenance schedules.
- Design sampling protocols.
- Prepare standards, reagents, and solvents for experiments.
- Prepare reports identifying samples, explaining testing methods, documenting findings, and outlining conclusions of analyses.
- Design and execute experimental procedures, including qualitative and quantitative testing of complex samples.
- Validate and troubleshoot analytical methods.
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee laboratory analyses for compliance actions, emergency response, site studies, health and safety studies, investigations, and remediation.
- Select methods and laboratory procedures and schedule, conduct, and supervise analytical tests.
- Keeping up to date with scientific and technical developments.
- ensuring that health and safety standards are adhered to.
- Preparing product license documentation.
- Liaising with customers, suppliers and research/scientific staff.
- Developing new analytical methods.
- Assist in special projects and other issues as they arise.
- Other skills and duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry.
- A master’s degree or Ph.D. viewed very favorably.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to challenge conventions in a constructive way.
- Ability to work efficiently under tight timelines and achieve results, while maintaining high quality
- Excellent analytical, teamwork, customer service and leadership skills.