We are seeking a Buyer for our top medical device client in Trumbull, CT. The Buyer is responsible for the procurement of materials to support the needs of the business. The ideal candidate will have purchasing experience, with a Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or Business.
Location: Trumbull, CT
Shift: First shift, Monday-Friday
Pay: $65,000-$75,000 per year, depending on experience
Type: Direct hire
- Build and maintain supplier relations
- Analyze MRP reports to determine purchase requirements. Recommend quantity and delivery dates to support Production and Shipping.
- Maintain a supplier base that will provide purchased material for the lowest cost and highest quality on time.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement programs with suppliers to reduce cost, reduce lead time and improve quality.
- Process return to vendor material. Work with supplier to develop course and corrective action.
- Expedite past due purchase orders. Work with supplier to improve performance.
- Assure the accuracy of the Purchasing database. Update delivery dates to reflect actual supplier promises.
- Interface with Engineering on new products. Recommend sources of supply, plan purchase orders, provide cost and lead-time performance.
- Process requisitions for non-inventory material and services.
- Negotiate annual pricing and lead time commitments.
- Interface with the Quality Assurance and Regulatory departments to ensure FDA Quality System requirements are met.
- Performs additional duties and assignments as directed by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business, or related field preferred.
- Two to five years purchasing experience preferred.
- Proficient in buying in an MRP based environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.