We are seeking a highly motivated Bioinformatics Analyst to work on the analysis and interpretation of high-throughput genomic and clinical data, to investigate immune cell crosstalk within the tumor microenvironment. This individual will be affiliated primarily with developing software to simulate tumor-derived NGS data!
Pay Rate: $40-$48/hr depending on experience
~1 year contract with possible extension~
A successful Bioinformatics Analyst will be expected to:
- Work with new genomic therapies
- Develop software to simulate tumor-derived NGS data
- Skilled in a modern open source language (e.g. Python, R, Julia) and associated stack of data/genomics-related libraries
- High degree of comfort with data wrangling, summarizing data, and performing basic statistical analyses
- Comfortable in linux command line
- Familiar with NGS data (RNAseq and/or DNAseq of any kind, strong preference for individuals who have spent some time visualizing coverage tracks and/or digging around in BAM files)
- Great organizational and communication skills
- M.S. degree in bioinformatics/biomed eng/biochem/chem/mol bio/computer science preferred or B.S. degree with experience.
- Experience with DNA and/or RNA Seqnce Bioconductor
- Experience with NGS data
- Experience with Python or R
- Cleanly documented, well organized software package that is available on a public github/bitbucket/gitlab and/or published through a major software repository.