Associate Scientist II/III
- Location: St. Louis, MO
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #37586
The Associate Scientist II/III role in Chemistry is accountable for driving results in a fast-paced environment by performing analytical routine and non-routine testing in support of active pharmaceutical ingredients development or pharmaceutical manufacturing.
If you are an experienced analytical chemist in search of an opportunity to advance your scientific career, this is an excellent opportunity to do so in the Pharmaceutical industry!
- Provides analysis, support and troubleshooting with wet chemistry techniques (UV, FTIR, TOC, Osmolality, AA, HPLC, and GC and more)
- Performs analysis on raw materials and finished products.
- Performs routine sample processing for required analytical methods.
- Performs maintenance of some analytical instruments.
- Develops new methods as required to support programs.
- Performs critical interpretation of analytical data.
- Maintains working knowledge of routine instrumentation, equipment, and scientific methodologies necessary to perform assigned tasks.
- Performs assigned tasks carefully and on schedule according to standard operating procedure and supervisor instructions.
- Maintains basic understanding of underlying scientific principles.
- Analyzes information for technical correctness and accuracy.
- Complies with applicable GMPs, peer checks information and signs for GMP review. Brings aberrant information to the attention of supervisor.
- Participates in company sponsored training and maintains current status of certifications.
- Demonstrates company loyalty in relations with Company personnel and clients.
- Maintains a safe, clean, and organized work environment free of safety hazards.
- Enters project hours promptly and updates project status on appropriate tracking and/or timekeeping systems.
- Suggests improvements for safety, work quality, and productivity.
- Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other relevant company training requirements.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of related experience.
- OR PhD/Master’s degree with 1-2 years of related experience.
- Experience in Pharmaceutical, CDMO, or cGMP preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 – $120,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- St. Louis, MO: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- analytical chemistry: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location