Associate Scientist – Cell-Based Bioassay Development
- Location: South San Francisco
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #29450
Seeking an Associate Scientist to develop cell-based bioassays. You will design, develop, qualify, and test analytical methods to characterize therapeutic drug products. This role combines bioassay development with Quality Control reporting. You will join a growing team and will gain a breadth of experience only available in smaller laboratories.
Our partner has several oral treatments between Preclinical Development and Phase 2 approvals. They create oral biologics that use the body’s natural cellular trafficking pathways to deliver therapies. They are a well-funded, public company with an intentional growth strategy designed to maintain a focus on exceptional science. They foster a collaborative environment where team members are encouraged to work and train across functions.
Please send inquiries and resumes to Amanda Mirabal: email@example.com
Title: Associate Scientist – Cell-Based Bioassay Development
Location: South San Francisco
Contract Terms: CTH or DH
Hourly Pay Rate: 35-55; commensurate with experience
Work Authorization: prefers Green Card or Citizen
Start Date: 9/27
Specific day to day responsibilities:
- Develop and qualify cell-based characterization assays for biologics and support in-house testing of drug products
- Method and technology transfer to both in-house QC and to CROs/CMOs
- Write SOPs and technical reports, keep detailed experiment records on paper, and oversee reagent inventory and lab material supply
Top 3 Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, or similar
- 2 years of biotech industry experience in a GMP environment
- Experience developing Mechanism of Action bioassays as well as some Quality responsibilities
Bonus Points for:
- Understanding of statistical methods and data analysis tools
This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you!