Associate Scientist, Analytical Development
- Location: South San Francisco
- Type: Contract To Hire
- Job #36578
Our clinical-stage biotechnology client with a single-minded focus on pioneering the development of investigational allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell products for cancer is currently seeking an Associate Scientist to join the Analytical Development team.
About the role:
The individual will work closely with peers in assay development and execution of the release and characterization assays, comprehensive risk assessments, and data synthesis that allows for the subsequent analytical assay tech transfer. This role will be based at the headquarters in South San Francisco, CA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in analytical method optimization, development, and qualification in support of drug product characterization and product release.
- Primarily execute analytical test methods involving cell-based and/or immunoassays and molecular biology techniques.
- Document standard operating procedures and experiments with great attention to detail.
- Coherently summarize and communicate experiments and findings.
- Maintain, calibrate, and operate analytical instruments.
- Maintain sample inventories.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Masters, or bachelors with 2+ years of relevant cell biology, immunology or biochemistry experience.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with cell culture, cell banking, and aseptic technique is required.
- Prior working knowledge of nucleic acid isolation, quantification, and PCR is preferred.
- Prior working knowledge in ELISA, FACS a plus.
- Experience with data analysis tools such as Prism, FlowJo and Microsoft Excel a plus.
- Working knowledge of quality control and assay qualification is a plus.
- Self-motivated, organized and detail-orientated, with a positive “can-do” attitude towards assigned tasks is expected.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.