Our client, a leading global pharmaceutical company who specializes in developing and manufacturing a variety of well-known pharmaceutical drugs, vaccines and animal-health products is seeking an Associate Scientist to join their growing team in South San Francsico, CA. This is a great opportunity to work at a household name, get industry best training, and work with state of the art equipment, systems and products!
This is a 1-year contract role with the possibility of extension!
- Participate and assist in the daily activities of the purification group such as antibody and antigen purification, and characterization by various techniques including protein concentration determination, CE-SDS, SDS-PAGE, various HPLC methods, and endotoxin measurement.
- Prepare formulation and analytical buffers for scientists and help scientists in the laboratory to maintain laboratory equipment (AKTA, Waters, Agilent, Thermo, Caliper, and more).
- Assist lab manager for submitting work orders for lab equipment/computer repair and oversee the technician during the repair visit.
- Sample vialing, including labeling tubes and aliquoting either manually or with automation.
- Assist inventory personnel in sub-aliquoting any existing purified proteins for requestors.
- Support the protein expression group in activities such as basic cell culture, transfection, harvest, titer check, and general maintenance of the cell culture lab such as filling incubators and water baths, monitoring temperature and CO2, and checking DNA inventory.
- Perform daily priming for Caliper (CE-SDS) instrument for all scientists in the laboratory to use.
- Document data as needed in an electronic lab notebook (ELN) and Dotmatics
- Bachelors or masters degree or PhD in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, life sciences or in related scientific field with
- 1+ year of relevant experience in wet lab work
- AKTA purification System
- Protein purification experience
- Protein A antibody purification preferred.
- Protein characterization experience with HPLC