This is a great opportunity to join an industry-leading chemical manufacturer to assist in development and commercialization of new products!
As an Assistant Scientist, you will be is responsible for developing application screening techniques to deliver on more representative results applicable to customer specific needs. With the guidance from the Senior Scientist/Project Manager, you will conduct laboratory tests to assess physical/chemical properties and performance of products in pulp and paper applications.
Terms: Direct Hire
- Assist in installation, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of specialized equipment designed for pulp and paper applications. Identify and develop testing methodology to support process and product development.
- Design custom test procedures, and identify or build custom equipment to test material and product attributes to validate features and benefits of new technologies.
- Prepare and present written reports, publications and presentations that are concise, clearly understood and contain appropriate conclusions and recommendations.
- Contribute to the business and R&D strategy development in the research areas of focus.
- Actively execute assigned work and propose new work plans.
- Support planning project work in a variety of areas.
- Potential for field trial support.
- B.S. Chemistry, Science or Engineering with 0-5 years laboratory experiences
- Hands-on experience in applied science or chemistry laboratory.
- Experience and knowledge testing in the laboratory is an asset.
- Experience and knowledge in polymer testing and characterization and rheology is a plus
**This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you**