Animal Tech II
- Location: Raleigh, NC
- Type: Contract
- Job #36976
This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate or animal lover to work alongside a growing pharmaceutical company who develops and manufactures a variety of well-known vaccines and animal-health products
Schedule: Mon-Fri 7am-3:30pm
Type of Job: Contract to hire
- Responsible for the general maintenance and set up of various types of animals for studies in accordance with regulatory requirements and under supervision
- Collect and record research data and biological specimens in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice Regulations (GLPs), study protocols and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Perform clinical observations, sample collection, monitoring food consumption, and performing accurate data collection and reporting
- Stocking and ordering supplies, maintaining lab cleanliness, autoclaving supplies and appropriately disposing of biohazardous and chemical waste
- Essential routine tasks include cleaning cages, pens, trays, and equipment
- Ensuring animals are kept clean and comfortable
- Feeding and watering animals
- Handling and moving animals safely
- Monitoring the environmental conditions and reports deviations to supervisor
- Work is reviewed by senior level staff to ensure conformance to experimental and therapeutic protocols
- Ability to work across groups and with more than one species
- High school diploma or equivalent; experience in related work is preferred.
- A combination of equivalent experience and education will be considered.
- Must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the quality care of laboratory animals and direct contact with a variety of animals.
- Basic knowledge of animal husbandry, health and welfare for the specific species at the facility is required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Demonstrate quality care of laboratory animals and direct contact with a variety of animals.