Animal Tech II
Animal Technician II
$24/hour – 7am-3:30pm plus weekends and holidays – 12-Month Contract Assignment
Responsible for the general maintenance and set up of various types of animals for studies in accordance with regulatory requirements and under supervision.
- Essential routine tasks include:
- Cleaning cages, pens, trays, equipment and fittings
- Ensuring animals are kept clean and comfortable
- Feeding and watering animals
- Handling and moving animals safely
- Monitoring the environmental conditions and reports deviations to supervisor
- Perform clinical observations, sample collection, monitoring food consumption, and performing accurate data collection and reporting.
- Assists with technical functions in accordance with training and performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Collect and record research data and biological specimens in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice Regulations (GLPs), study protocols and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Work is reviewed by senior level staff to ensure conformance to experimental and therapeutic protocols.
- Stocking and ordering supplies, maintaining lab cleanliness, autoclaving supplies and appropriately disposing of biohazardous and chemical waste.
- Ability to work across groups and with more than one species.
- Candidates will have a High school diploma or Associate’s Degree in Life Sciences with 0-1+ year of related experience.
- A combination of equivalent experience and education will be considered.
- Requires ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the quality care of laboratory animals and direct contact with a variety of animals. *Large Food animal experience (cattle, swine, etc.) preferable.