Active Ingredient Technician- R
- Location: Athens, GA
- Type: Contract
- Job #35295
New Opportunity local to Athens, GA!
Hours: 7:45am-4:15pm, OT as needed; Weekend work and holiday work as required Retention Bonus
- Responsible for performing the activities associated with the preparation of vaccine components in an aseptic clean room environment utilizing virus and cell culture techniques according to USDA regulations
- Ensure compliance to the Standard Operating Procedures during execution of processes.
- Assist with training and coaching of current and new employees on required skills
- Complete/Review in process documentation for accuracy and compliance in a timely manner; maintenance of technical data and support documentation
- Participate in root cause analysis and implement corrective and preventative actions to address problems; escalation of production flow disturbances
- Demonstrate a visible and tangible commitment to EHS (Environment, Health, and Safety) programs and initiatives
- Assessment of individual performance in regards to the continuous improvement (AAI)
- Participate and provide support to site projects and initiatives (including deviation and change control management)
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Clean room and aseptic technique knowledge.
- Basic understanding of Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Basic math skills, equipment/automation trouble shooting skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and other database software systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred Biology Degree or related field, one year or more of laboratory experience and/or manufacturing experience.
This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you!