A leading global life sciences and healthcare company is seeking a Specimen Processor. This is a great opportunity if you are looking for continual growth, a chance to make a difference, and work in a great atmosphere!
Schedule: 2nd shift: (Mon-Thu 12pm-11pm) or (M-F 12pm-8pm)
Job Type: Temporary 3 month assignment with possibility to extend/convert
The Specimen Processor will perform specimen accessioning, sample sorting, and data entry in a fast-paced environment. They work with other laboratory employees to catalog patient specimens, like blood, urine, or tissue, for analysis. They mostly work with blood.
- Introduce and prepare biological specimens to the laboratory to ensure accurate processing.
- Open specimens and pour off into secondary containers to prepare for analysis and testing.
- Verify patient demographic information to ensure it matches the test requisition.
- Unpack and route specimens to their staging areas.
- Pack and ship specimens to proper testing facilities and properly store excess specimen samples.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in biological science preferred.
- 1-2 years of medical experience preferred.
- Must pass standardized color vision test.
This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you!