Medical Lab Scientist II
If you are passionate about providing health care through diagnostic testing, then this opportunity is for you! Our client is a global healthcare company providing cutting edge diagnostic testing to make a difference! We are seeking a Medical Lab Scientist to join their growing team!
Type: Contract to hire
Schedule: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday 2nd shift (2:30pm-1am)
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, Chemistry, Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Technology or meet local regulatory (CLIA & State) requirements.
- Minimum 1 year of clinical laboratory testing experience is required.
- ASCP or AMT certification is either preferred or required.
- Flu vaccine is required.
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria.
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures.
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality.
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Prepare, test, and evaluate new reagents or controls.
- Report accurate and timely test results to deliver quality patient care.
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures.
- Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary.
- Assist with processing of specimens when needed.
- Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment.