QC Chemist II
Exciting 1+ year development opportunity to work for a global leader dedicated to helping people see brilliantly. The largest device company in the world – with complementary businesses in Surgical and Vision Care.
- Conduct testing of raw materials, in-process materials, and formulation samples in support of production.
- Responsible for the inspection and disposition of raw materials, packaging components, and parts in support of production
- Maintain QC Analytical Laboratory in compliance with regulatory standards and site procedures.
- Document and Review Analytical Data and Laboratory records accurately, in a timely manner, and completely.
- Conduct lab investigations and special analytical projects, as assigned.
- Complete and participate in training activities, as assigned, and to perform job responsibilities and maintain up to date analytical skill sets and practices.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities looking to pursue laboratory best practice and offer appropriate feedback when non-value added activities are observed.
- Computer Skills with working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills including experience independently writing technical investigations that include a root cause and corrective action, i.e. nonconformance reports and corrective action reports.
Preferred: Experience with LabVantage or similar LIMS, Chromeleon, Empower 3, or similar data acquisition systems.
Bachelors Degree in Chemistry
This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you!