Job Title: Production Compounding Supervisor
Reports To: Production Assistant Manager / Production Manager
Location: Sun Valley, CA
Job Type: Contract-Hire
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in operating a variety of machines to compound products, while maintaining G.M.P guidelines and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training and instructing employees; planning and directing work; troubleshooting, reporting; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Divides the workflow amongst staff while ensuring timelines are met while maintaining GMP Processes.
- Plans flow of materials through department and develops physical layout of machines according to work orders.
- Follows work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Ensures area/facility cleanliness, equipment cleanliness, and proper operation and functionality of all equipment, hardware, and tools within the compounding facility.
- Checks that employees are on time and on schedule throughout work day.
- Oversees the identifying and measuring of raw materials to verify conformance to specifications.
- Ensures all Safety and GMP procedures are being followed and met by Compounding staff.
- Directs Machine Technicians in adjusting machines and equipment to ensure outcome of product.
- Recommends measures to improve compounding methods, equipment performance, quality of product, and increase efficiency of department and work crew.
- Troubleshoots problems and works with different internal groups to create solutions.
- Trains all compounding employees according to Safety and GMP protocols.
- Loads ingredients into mixing machine, scales, or dollies, or directs other workers in performing this task.
- Operates auxiliary equipment to break up, grind, dry mix, or otherwise prepare mixture for final processing.
- Reads work orders to determine production specifications or information.
- Collects samples of materials or products for laboratory testing
- Cleans and maintains equipment.
- Conducts organoleptic testing on raw materials and bulk prior to using to ensure all specifications are met.
- Maintains and enters required data on all corresponding logs, forms, and documents, where required, while following Good Documentation Practices.
- Places dropped and compounded bulk with correct tag and label in designated area.
- Ensures that the bay door is unlocked during work hours and locked prior to leaving at the end of the work day.
- Ensures that the air compressor is turned on during work hours and turned off prior to leaving at the end of the work day.
- Conducts daily checks on deionized water and boiler canisters, and fills out data on corresponding logs.
- Compounds or process ingredients according to formulas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Related Bachelor Degree preferred; color matching experience; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence such as record operational or production data. Ability to read work orders to determine production specification or information. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Ability to compute ratio and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to operate or tend machines to mix or blend materials for specified times.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Two Hour Harassment Prevention for Supervisors