Our client, a global healthcare leader whose portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, is looking for a Engineer to join their growing team! With an innovative product range from diagnostic and generic medications to medical devices and beyond, you will have the opportunity to grow your career and make a true difference!
Type: Contract to hire (6 month)
Shift: M-F (1st shift 8am-5pm)
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Manufacturing, Chemical, etc.)
- 3-5 years of experience preferred.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Basic knowledge of electrical components.
- Medical device background preferred.
- Identifies and troubleshoots basic instrument and/or assay issues. This includes the use of the service tools, manuals, and log analysis; as appropriate. -Develop action plans for account resolutions.
- Performs technical responsibilities of local service personnel, such as performing repairs; TSBs; and installs.
- Performs data gathering and monitoring of service goals.
- Follows processes and procedures related to instrumentation and how to properly interact with customers.
- Redlines and/or develops service/ quality documents with assistance by senior professional.
- Performs service documentation approval process while forming relationships with the appropriate areas.
- Manage deliverables assigned; which includes due dates; resources and time needed; etc.; as a member of a project team. Drives service deliverables by working closely with planning; quality; engineering; etc.
- Potential to support instrument manufacturing.
- Identify, develop, and implement new service tools; parts; and procedures to reduce service costs globally. This includes providing input on retrofit budget strategy and Top-10 issue tracking.