R&D HSE Manager
Come work with a leader in the Chemical Manufacturing company and the world’s largest manufacturer and supplier of high-quality carbon black. We are excited to share they are bringing on a new R&D HSE Manager to their growing company. This is a great opportunity for a talented individual that is eager to build relationships and engaging with team members. As an R&D HSE Manager you will perform a wide range of health, safety, and environmental tasks to achieve compliance with internal standards, best management practices, and local regulatory requirements as pertaining to the entire Global R&D function and its respective processes. Drives a zero-incident culture. Leads and drives the development, continuous improvement, implementation, and maintenance of environmental, safety and health programs, systems, and procedures necessary to provide for a safe and healthy working environment for the R&D team and physical facilities and minimizes environmental impacts from R&D efforts. Assists with the shipment of hazardous materials/dangerous goods via common carrier globally for the Marietta facility.
Salary: $100k-120k with an 11% annual bonus
Shift: Monday-Friday, 8AM – 5PM
Terms: Direct Hire
- Lead HS&E strategy for R&D and partners with R&D leadership team to drive the safety culture throughout the organization.
- Establish and reinforce accountability for HS&E compliance and program implementation through audit processes and key performance indicators for the R&D physical locations (Marietta and Taloja, batch areas, warehouses, laboratories).
- Develop, lead and drive programs and initiatives to develop a culture of safety and working toward zero harm within R&D and the greater organization of company..
- Develop strong working relationships with Marietta and Taloja-based R&D Directors and Managers, site R&D and laboratory personnel, Corporate HS&E personnel, ABSTC leadership, and others as required.
- Provide training and learning to personnel for use and implementation. Develop and implement lab, batch and warehouse-specific micro-learning tools for HSE topics.
- Improve the safety and health knowledge of R&D Directors, Managers, Supervisors, and Staff and site contractors through effective training and communications.
- Develop, implement, and drive key health, safety and environmental improvement initiatives focused in areas such as compliance improvement, motivation of safe behaviors, culture change, contractor management, spill/release prevention, risk identification, chemical storage and shipping, and serious incident/fatality prevention.
- Identify and communicate best practices from sites and external sources to improve site performance.
- Lead coordination of Marietta and Taloja site/lab HSE continuous improvement efforts and initiatives.
- Lead coordination of storage and disposal of chemicals and hazardous waste and keep track of chemical inventory. Approves and completes paperwork for shipment of chemicals and hazardous materials to and from the Marietta and Taloja R&D sites
- Bachelor’s to Master’s Degree in environmental health, or industrial hygiene or an engineering discipline.
- 2+ years’ experience in an in an industrial/development lab, R&D, or academic laboratory environment with increasing responsibilities, or preferably 2+ years’ experience in an EHS program management role
- Applicable certifications such as CSP, CIH, REM, CHMM or the ability and willingness to attain these are preferred.
- Laboratory, batch area, pilot-scale process and warehouse experience with multi-national company.
- Professional Certification.
- Experience with Enablon or similar information management system/software.
- Experience in R&D, Site laboratory, analytical laboratory setting
**This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you**