Cell Manufacturing Associate I
We are seeking a Cell Manufacturing Associate for a biotechnology company focused on spearheading breakthroughs in regenerative medicine using adult, autologous Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSCs). The Cell Manufacturing Associate will be an integral part of the laboratory manufacturing team.
Hours: M-F 8-5, may have to work weekend rotation
- Perform hands-on aseptic cell culture and specialized manufacturing steps for cell culture, such as cell isolation, thawing, cryopreservation, sub-culturing, and harvesting following approved standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Maintain accurate and timely manufacturing records, paper and electronic notebooks and participate in writing and revising SOPs
- Maintain the cleanliness of the laboratory clean room, equipment, and storage tank areas through routine cleaning and sanitization, as well as through proactive behavior
- Examine and evaluate data related to problems and propose corrective solutions
- Attend and participate in group and project meetings
- Recommend changes to any process or task to increase efficiency, increase cell yields, and decrease costs
- Maintain required material inventory levels for manufacturing and manufacturing process development
- Master’s degree in biotechnology, biology, microbiology or other relevant life science field and one year of experience; or bachelor’s degree in a related field and two years of experience
- cGMP experience related to cell culturing
- Excellent quantitative mathematical skills
- Experience in mammalian Stem cell culture preferred
This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you!