Associate Med Tech III
If you are seeking to further your career in drug development, then this opportunity is for you! Our client is a global healthcare company providing diagnostic and drug development capabilities to make a difference through clinical, non-clinical, and commercial settings! We are seeking an Associate Medical Technologist to join their growing team!
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Schedule: Monday-Friday 5pm-1am
Job type: 1 year contract
Overview: The main function of an associate med tech is to perform routine medical laboratory tests for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. A typical associate med tech may work under the supervision of a medical technologist.
- Set up, adjust, maintain, and clean medical laboratory equipment.
- Analyze the results of tests and experiments to ensure conformity to specifications, using special mechanical and electrical devices.
- Analyze, gather, and record test data to issue reports that use charts, graphs and narratives.
- Obtain specimens, cultivating, isolating, and identifying microorganisms for analysis.
- May examine cells stained with dye to locate abnormalities.
- Consult with a pathologist to determine a final diagnosis when abnormal cells are found.
- May conduct chemical analyses of body fluids, such as blood and urine, using microscope or automatic analyzer to detect abnormalities or diseases, and enter findings into computer.
- May conduct blood tests for transfusion purposes and perform blood counts.
- May collect blood or tissue samples from patients, observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood sample.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate degree in medical technology or vocational training preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience required.
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries and diseases.
- Ability to analyze data and accurately document and record results.