QC Analyst I
We are seeking a highly motivated QC Analyst to help establish and conduct cell-based, nucleic acid-based, protein-based, and chemistry-based assays for adeno associated viruses. Our clients are a biotechnology company that focuses on advancing precision medicine for a broad range of genetics disorders.
This is a unique opportunity to work at the intersection of genomics and therapeutics and participate in the development of a diverse therapeutic pipeline driven by a transformative core technology. The successful candidate will have the opportunity transition to a full-time employee with good performance.
Pay Rate: $30-$40/hr, depending on experience
- Perform, troubleshoot, and optimize AAV characterization assays including but not limited to qPCR, ddPCR, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, ELISAs, AUC, CE-SDS, HPLC, and reporter gene-based cell assays using insect or mammalian cell lines
- Support/perform qualification of assay controls, standards, and references
- Responsible for maintenance of cell lines used for cell-based assays
- Support generation of IQ, OQ, PQ protocols and reports
- Ensure maintenance and calibration of equipment including controlled temperature environments, analytical equipment, pipettes, etc
- Ensure laboratory supplies and required inventory are maintained
- Participate in assay transfer activities to external CROs and/or GMP CMOs
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or other relevant disciplines in life sciences AND 2+ years’ hands on experience in an assay development or QC laboratory environment
- Knowledge of QC testing principles and procedures in cell culture (aseptic technique), HPLC, cell-based assays, ddPCR, ELISA, SDS-PAGE, CE-SDS, AUC, Western Blot, etc.
- Knowledge of equipment protocols and requirements
- Good laboratory documentation skills and protocol writing and revision experience