Specimen Processor I
If you are seeking to further your career in drug development, then this opportunity is for you! Our client is a global healthcare company providing diagnostic and drug development capabilities to make a difference through clinical, non-clinical, and commercial settings! We are seeking a Specimen Processor to join their growing team!
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Contract
Overview: The main function of a specimen processor is to perform specimen accessioning, sample sorting and data entry in a fast-paced, high-throughput environment according to established standard operation procedures.
- Introduce and prepare biological specimens for the laboratory to ensure accurate processing.
- Open specimens and pour off into secondary containers to prepare for analysis and testing.
- Verify patient demographic information matches the test requisition form submitted.
- Data entry of patient information into the computer system for tracking purposes.
- Meet key production metrics and quality measures to ensure timely and accurate results.
- Unpack and route specimens to their respective staging areas. Pack and ship specimens to proper testing facilities when required.
- Properly prepare and store excess specimen samples.
- Resolve and document any problem specimens.
- Handle and dispose of medical and chemical waste.
- Comply with applicable environmental health and safety policies and procedures.
- Operate automated instrumentation under supervision if necessary
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous medical or production experience is preferred.
- Comfortable handling human biological specimens including blood, urine and tissue samples.
- 0-2 years of work experience.