Accounts Payable Specialist
Our top medical device client seeks to add an Accounts Payable Representative to their Trumbull, CT location. The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of Accounts Payable experience in a manufacturing environment.
Location: Trumbull, CT
Shift: Monday-Friday 8 am-5 pm
Pay: $25-$30 per hour
- Process, verify and reconcile various types of accounts payable invoices.
- Track vendor invoices to ensure timely payments.
- File open and paid vendor invoices and receivers accurately. Distributes copies of required invoices as needed.
- Review and match open invoices to open receivers and purchase orders.
- Code non-purchase order invoices and obtain proper approvals where necessary for processing.
- Process payments for check run by pulling invoices, printing checks and then attaching backup to printed checks. Verify approvals are in place and appropriate signatures are on the check prior to mailing.
- Assist with various month end close processes
- Account Reconciliation on various general ledger accounts.
- Assist with review of workpapers and journal entries prepared by AP clerks and staff team members.
- Ensure timely reporting to AP manager and to general accounting team including but not limited to Aging reports, open invoice statuses, PO status, KPI’s and metrics
- Responds timely and professionally to vendor and internal inquiries regarding payments.
- Daily balancing of A/P transactions including invoices and checks.
- Review and verify statements received from vendors for accuracy. Research and investigate vendor discrepancies, as well as internal inquiries in a timely manner. This may involve interaction with other departments within the business, as well as outside vendors.
- Review and verify open receivers for items not related to inventory to identify potential accruals.
- On a monthly basis verify all open inventory receivers for goods received not invoiced (GRNI) ensuring vendor has not invoiced the Company.
- Verify and identify invoices that need to be accrued and provide copies as needed to supervisor.
- Three to five years Accounts Payable processing experience required. Experience with a manufacturing company dealing with three-way matching, inventory and expense items.
- At least an Associate Degree in accounting or related field
- Experience with month end closing procedures.
- Knowledge of general accounting practices and procedures to include a good understanding of accruals and prepaid accounts.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of products to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to process high volumes of invoices accurately.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.