Exciting 6 Month development opportunity to work for a global leader dedicated to helping people see brilliantly. The largest device company in the world – with complementary businesses in Surgical and Vision Care – is hiring a Microbiologist to join their team!
- Conducts routine microbiological assays.
- Performs image analysis on microbiological samples.
- With direct supervision, carries out microbiological assignments, including execution of established microbiological assays and the development/validation of new assays.
- Responsible for accurately recording experimental methods, materials, and results in laboratory notebooks, analyzing data, and evaluating results, communicating effectively and presenting findings at group and departmental meetings.
- Ensures compliance with internal and external standards.
- Responsible for collaboration with other Microbiology team members to accomplish necessary testing and meet project milestones.
- Isolate and make cultures of bacteria or other microorganisms in prescribed media, controlling moisture, aeration, temperature, and nutrition.
- Prepare technical reports and recommendations based upon research outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate scientific discipline or non-science bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 18 hours of college courses in scientific discipline.
- Fluency in English essential
- Bachelor’s Degree with less than 1 year of applicable experience.
- Previous experience with microscopy and image analysis preferred.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to follow scientific procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills