A leader in Next Generation Sequencing is looking for a Medical Technologist to become part of their team! This is a great opportunity to work in a small, neuro-focused histology laboratory!
The Medical Technologist will be responsible for preparing histologic slides from tissue sections for microscopic examination and diagnosis.
Hours: M-F 9a-5p (flexible for OT as needed)
Pay: $55-$70/hr (depending on experience)
Type of Job: Contract (10 months)
- Performs routine and non-routine activities involved in the preparation of sections of human tissue for microscopic evaluation by pathologist(s).
- Proper accessioning and labeling of all tissue samples.
- Operate laboratory equipment to properly fix, dehydrate, and embed tissue specimens in paraffin wax.
- Perform tissue sectioning of paraffin embedded tissue using a microtome.
- Appropriately stain slides and perform cover slipping of stained slides either manually or automated.
- Prepare solutions and reagents for routine and special stain procedures.
- Perform special stains and immunohistochemistry procedures, under general supervision.
Education and Experience
- Valid License by NYSED Office of the Professions
- Associate degree in laboratory science
- 3 years of post-graduate Histotech experience
- Experience in paraffin tissue processing, frozen and paraffin microtomy, and staining.