Global food safety and quality partner with multiple laboratories across the country and worldwide. Offers services to the food and nutrition industry in the way of testing, auditing, consulting, training, research, and other various services. Work in state-of-the-art laboratories at competitive compensation, across multiple shifts and with generous overtime available.
· Associate degree or equivalent work experience
· 1+ years of relevant work experience
· No severe food allergies
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare samples for analysis by recording, weighing, and blending.
· Write identification onto plates so that client and sample number can be tracked.
· Pipette sample solution into tubes or plates according to the analysis process being performed.
· Pour the agar into plates or tubes to begin the growth process.
· Collect plates and place them in the incubator for the specified amount of time and temperature.
· Prepare media and broth for use in pathogen testing as required.
· Ensure that media and materials are prepared for the next testing sequence.
· Maintain knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) that is required to complete job responsibilities.
· Set up equipment and materials needed for analysis.
· Read plates and tubes, as required, to determine the number of organisms in the sample.
· Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process.
· Perform necessary housekeeping duties in a timely manner, keeping the work areas and equipment clean and sanitized.
· Must participate in cleaning schedule and maintain retain samples as required.
· Adhere to all safety policies.
· Responsibility to support laboratory management in the implementation maintenance, and improvement of the management system.
Salary: $18.50 per hour