Our client, a global pharmaceutical powerhouse, renowned for their expertise in developing and manufacturing a wide array of world-class pharmaceutical drugs, life-saving vaccines, and innovative animal-health products, is in search of an Animal Technician to join their growing team.
Type: Contract (possibility of extension/conversion)
Shift: M-F (6.30am-2.30 pm or 7.30am-3.30pm). Rotating weekend work.
- Provide basic animal husbandry (feed, water, care, sanitation, socialization).
- Observations of test animals for adverse reactions.
- Cleaning and disinfection of animal units after an experiment is conducted. This includes initial cleaning, disinfecting, and changing filters and fumigation of the units.
- Support personnel by assisting with technical procedures on animals (bleeding, restraining and inoculation).
- Blood collection, nasal swabs and fecal sampling.
- Euthanasia of animals for collection of tissue.
- Necropsy of animals to evaluate lesions, tissue samples and disease.
- Keep accurate records on animals involved in studies.
- Contact Attending Veterinarian, Manager or Supervisor if animals show abnormal behavior.
- Stock animal rooms, identify animals (tagging, placement of animals in proper facility).
- HS Diploma with relevant experience (AS or BS degree preferred)
- Large Food animal experience (cattle, swine, etc.)
- 1 year of experience working in an animal test facility or animal research facility or production system.