Manufacturing & Facilities Mechanic Lead
Direct Hire Role
Client is seeking a highly motivated Manufacturing & Facilities Mechanic Lead located in Aurora, Illinois. With minimal guidance, the Manufacturing & Facilities Mechanic lead will function as the in-house expert on any maintenance and/or construction needs for the building and equipment. This position will work closely and collaborate with management and staff on maintenance needs and improvement projects. May involve training or managing direct reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on production (Blending & Packaging) and facility equipment
- Responsible for the setup and utilization of the CMMS system for the Aurora facility
- Manage inventory of spare parts and equipment
- Demonstrate a high work ethic with focus on safety, quality and cost effectiveness
- Diagnose & trouble shoot operational, process, mechanical and electrical problems
- Install & repair industrial pumps (electric & AOD), Valves (actuated & manual) with materials of construction (metal: steel, stainless, bronze) or PVC and Piping (SS, PVC, copper, etc.)
- Support capital projects, interface & coordinate any external work done in the Aurora plant
- Train others as needed and lead others in repair projects
- Always maintain high quality standards, effectiveness, and thoroughness
- Rebuild necessary equipment components as needed
- Represent the client values, objectives, and policies
- Install production & facility equipment in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications
- Perform similar, comparable or related duties, as may be required.
EDUCATION/SPECIAL LICENSES OR CERTIFICATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Higher education (AAS or higher) preferred
- Skilled trade certification(s) or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of seven (7) years previous experience as a maintenance mechanic or technician for a commercial or manufacturing facility
- Chemical process experience preferred.
- Previous boiler, pipe cutting, welding, industrial design etc. preferred
- Understanding of methods, materials, tools, and equipment to perform repairs & preventative maintenance.
- Ability to advise (potential failures, recommendations/ improvements
- Analytical problem solving and diagnostic skills for mechanical and electrical problems
- Ability to work independently, perform physical labor; and follow instructions.
- Ability to guide/lead others.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is a plus.
- Mechanically inclined and possess agility/ manual dexterity to safely operate hand and power tools.
- Basic computer and email proficiency, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area in accordance with established housekeeping procedures and requirements to ensure a safe and clean work environment.