Our client in the Twin City area is looking to hire a Lab Supervisor! This is a direct hire opportunity with offering a great compensation package and benefits.
Laboratory Supervisor responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Supervise the day-to-day operation of the department to ensure smooth flow of samples and testing
• Oversees the scheduling of staff to ensure production schedules are met
• Counsels staff with regard to problems encountered in daily operations
• Works with Quality Assurance to resolve client complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, and making recommendations to management
• Identifies process improvements to better meet client expectations and company objectives
• Recommends new equipment for the department
• Oversees the monitoring of inventory/ordering by establishing and maintaining par levels and re-stocking points for supplies and reagents
• Serves as a liaison for the department to outside vendors
• Performs duties in compliance with all applicable regulatory and accrediting agencies
• Supports our business philosophy, leadership values, and ethics
• Conduct timely investigations in coordination with Quality Assurance Related to site quality events, including but not limited to customer complaints, inquiries, non-conformances, corrective actions, and audit findings.
• Performs duties and compliance with all applicable regulatory and accrediting agencies and cGMP expectations, including, but not limited to: Facility and equipment maintenance, validation review and approval, training (internal, continuing education, proficiency testing, annual GMP, etc.)
• Meets basic expectations of quality management system, including but not limited to good workmanship, adherence to standard operational procedures, training, good documentation practices, and accurate recordkeeping so the company may meet its stated quality policy and objectives.
The essential physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
• Bachelor of Science degree required
The Ideal Candidates Possess The Following
• Considerable knowledge of the methods, materials, and techniques used in microbiologic testing
• Considerable knowledge of the use of microbiological apparatus and equipment
• Ability to organize, communicate, teach, and work with others in an effective manner
• Ability to manage and schedule the work of others
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local standards, regulations, guidelines and requirements affecting operations of a clinical reference laboratory
• Analytical thinking and communication skills
Position is full-time working Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 4:00pm, with overtime as needed.