A leading global life sciences and healthcare company is seeking an Accessioner! This is a great opportunity if you are looking for continual growth, a chance to make a difference, and work in a great atmosphere!
Schedule: 2nd shift: (M-F 12pm – 9 pm)
Job Type: Temporary 3 month assignment
Essential Duties: The Accessioner will perform specimen accessioning, sample sorting, and data entry in a fast-paced environment. They work with other laboratory employees to catalog patient specimens, like blood, urine, or tissue, for analysis. They mostly work with blood.
- Unpack and route specimens to their staging areas.
- Introduce and prepare biological specimens for the laboratory to ensure accurate processing.
- Prepare and process specimens for analysis and testing.
- Verify patient demographic information to ensure it matches the test requisition.
- Pack and ship specimens to proper testing facilities and properly store excess specimen samples.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in biological science preferred.
- 1-2 years of medical experience preferred.
- Must pass standardized color vision test.