If you are seeking to further your career in drug development, then this opportunity is for you! Our client is a global healthcare company providing diagnostic and drug development capabilities to make a difference through clinical, non-clinical, and commercial settings! We are seeking a Medical Laboratory Technologist or Technician to join their growing team!
Location: Austin, TX
Type of Job: Temp to hire
Schedule: 3rd shift 3/12 7pm-7am
Pay: $25-$37/hr DOE
Perform routine medical laboratory tests for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
- Set up, adjust, maintain and clean medical laboratory equipment.
- Analyze the results of tests and experiments to ensure conformity to specifications, using special mechanical and electrical devices. Analyze, gather and record test data to issue reports that use charts, graphs and narratives.
- Obtain specimens, cultivating, isolating and identifying microorganisms for analysis.
- May examine cells stained with dye to locate abnormalities.
- Consult with a pathologist to determine a final diagnosis when abnormal cells are found.
- Must have Medical laboratory Technologist License or Medical laboratory Technician Certification.
- Blood Bank Experience Preferred.
- Basic knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries and diseases.
- Basic ability to analyze data and accurately document and record results.