Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
This position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, review and submittal of customers’ documentation as it relates to Regulatory and FSMA compliance. Provides overall support to clients customers by maintaining, providing and entering customer documentation information into various portals. Helps investigate plant nonconforming product incidents and consumer concerns, conducting root cause analysis and leading corrective action efforts. Leads initiatives and systems including electronic data management for quality programs (quality data collection, recipe management, etc.) Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced, detailed, collaborative environment, where product quality meets the highest standards.
- Maintain several databases as it applies to finished product labels, ingredient statements.
- Maintain and update customer documentation.
- Drive efficient responses in the Technical Inquiry program supporting requests for product information and documentation.
- Review all customer documentation to confirm compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Upkeep of Tracegains and customer portals
- Assist with dissemination of regulatory information to other departments (e.g., QA, Procurement, Production) and development of any necessary changes.
- Provide support to overall key Food Safety / Quality program efforts such as, BRCGS certification audits, internal GAP assessment audits, facility verification / validation activities, HACCP program, Food Security improvements, etc.
- Assist in the management of claim programs as well as partnerships with agencies such as Kosher, Organic, Gluten-Free, and others.
- Responsible for finished product specifications updates and approvals
- Support new product initiatives.
- Collaboration with Customer Experience and Regulatory to ensure customers’ COA requirements are properly managed.
- Assist in the validation of processes, equipment, and operating procedures.
- Perform routine document and facility food safety and quality audits.
- Preparing reports, charts, graphs and presentations.
- Working with cross-functional teams to resolve and track implementation of changes.
- Analyze and determine trends in data sets and identify where actions are required based on the data
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required in Food Science, Quality, Biology, Microbiology, or related technical discipline.
- Minimum of 3-5 years industry experience preferred.
- Sound report writing, with good interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) preferred.
- Troubleshooting, data analysis, and investigative skills required.
- Attention to detail required.
- Must have strong computer skills and be familiar with Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Must be able to work under direct or indirect supervision.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Knowledge of government regulatory requirements in food (FSMA, FDA, USDA)
- Knowledge of labeling regulations, the Code of Federal Regulations a plus
- Knowledge of GFSI, GMP’s, Sanitation, Pest Control, Food Safety and HACCP systems, Training, Allergens, Operations, Personnel Practices, and applicable programs/regulations strongly desired.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment