Manager, Facilities and Critical Utilities
Our Client, a leading contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) for pharmaceutical and biotech companies, is seeking a Manager, Facilities and Critical Utilities to join their growing team.
This individual will be responsible for developing schedules and performance requirements for Facilities and Engineering staff to drive continuous improvement; acts as a mentor to direct reports to resolve technical problems. Frequently interfaces with internal and external stakeholders, Regulatory Compliance, QA, Operations, Planning and Regulatory Agencies (i.e. FDA & EMA). Coordinate and plan maintenance activities accordingly to enhance asset performance. Provide technical support to the entire engineering group.
• Manage the maintenance, sustainability, and design of all critical utilities such as Electrical Systems, WFI and USP Water Systems, Compressed Air System, HVAC Systems, including Boilers and Clean Steam Generators,
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of HVAC, mechanical, and electrical systems, and be able to troubleshoot as necessary
• Have experience utilizing a Building Automation System (BAS) for troubleshooting and resolving problems with monitored equipment
• Responsible for the maintenance management systems (i.e. BAS and CMMS), including the 24/7 alarm monitoring process.
• Responsible for management support of groundskeeping, including landscaping and snow removal.
• Manage overall compliance requirement for the group, including change management, deviation management and OSHA regulations.
• Liaison with cross-functional stakeholders to solve specific operating problems
• Provide recommendation and input on technical procedures, techniques and equipment performance.
• Responsible for general facility maintenance, Pest Control Management, Janitorial Services, Roof Maintenance and refrigeration systems
• Primarily responsible for the recruitment, selection and mentoring of employees for the group.
• Assure that the Facilities and Engineering staff are properly trained in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and equipment specific requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required along with substantial experience and a proven record of achievement.
• A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry is required, including at least 3 years’ experience leading a Facilities or Engineering group, and experience with critical systems.