Mechanic A/Maintenance Technician ( 3rd shift)
***LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. NO RELOCATION OR SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE FOR THIS ROLE.***
A longstanding manufacturer and retailer of salad dressing, prepared sauces, and condiments is excited to be hiring for a Mechanic/Maintenance Technician for 3rd shift! To be successful in this role, you should have experience in Food Manufacturing Industry and experience in industrial mechanics and electrical.
- Pay: $23-26/hr.
- Terms: Contract to Hire
- Schedule: Sunday- Thursday, 10:30pm-7am with availability to work OT & Weekends as needed
- Actively pursue and correct problems with components and systems throughout the facility
- Thorough knowledge of automated packaging machinery operation, troubleshooting and repair; pump theory, operation, and repair; pneumatic principles, application troubleshooting and repair; hydraulic principles, application troubleshooting and repair
- Capable of reading and interpreting electrical schematics
- Work safely with both low and high voltage circuits and diagnose electric motor, motor control and device control problems
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical control and power circuits, electrically controlled equipment, including PLC controlled and solid-state equipment
- Ability to weld (gas and arc) and solder
- Basic knowledge of typical facility and manufacturing support systems including steam, hot water, compressed air, and refrigeration systems
- Basic plumbing and carpentry skills
- Ability to identify and order parts and materials from manufacturers manuals and prints
- Complete the Standard Timing Model mechanical test with a score of 60% or better.
- Ensures compliance with corporate standards and systems to monitor food safety, food safety culture, quality, and facility cleanliness
- Producing product free of contamination
- Following all Security and GMP policies
- Reporting any suspicious activities anywhere in or around the plant
- Inspection of work area for any product contamination issues on a continuous basis
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or minimum of 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
**This job description is a complete list of all desired skills but not all are required. We strongly encourage candidates who have some of the skills to apply. We look forward to a conversation to learn more about you**