Our client that specializes in using biotechnology to perform a wide range of genetic testing is seeking a full-stack developer to join their team!
Seeking a passionate Software Engineer to join our FTDNA team. This individual will be an integral part in developing systems by independently designing and developing web pages for our external users as well as back-end
systems to support business operations. A background in software development, creating responsive, functional, elegant, and clean software will provide a strong basis for success.
• Independently develops solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; creates functional and balanced solutions for business problems by utilizing clean code and appropriate design patterns.
• Strong communication skills to ask questions, seeks requirements, and convey knowledge on technical and complex topics.
• Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analyses, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and integrating existing solutions.
• Clear understanding of system architecture and software design principles/patterns with an emphasis on maximizing usability.
• Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques.
• Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommends changes in policies and procedures.
• Protects operations by keeping information confidential and prioritizing security of the application.
• Troubleshoots by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues for root cause analysis.
• Accomplishes engineering and organizational mission by completing related goals as needed.
• Demonstrates strong integrity, dependability, attention to detail, and an interest in learning.
Skills and Qualifications:
• ASP.NET Core
• Angular 2+ or React
• RESTful Web API
• ORMs: Dapper, Entity Framework
• C# Testing frameworks
• Software design principles (SOLID)
Competency and Familiarity in the following technologies and skills are desirable:
• Angular8+, HTML5, CSS3
• System Architecture
• Cloud (AWS, Azure)
• Cloud-based databases
• Messaging system: RabbitMQ, SNS, SQS, EventBridge
• Infrastructure as Code: Terraform/CloudFormation
• Code version-control: Git
• System Debugging
• Object-Oriented Programming and Design
• UI/UX Prototyping
• Data Analysis
• Agile SCRUM