***LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. NO RELOCATION OR SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE FOR THIS ROLE.***
Location: Columbus, OH
Global food safety and quality partner with multiple laboratories across the country and worldwide. Offers services to the food and nutrition industry in the way of testing, auditing, consulting, training, research and other various services. Work in state of the art laboratories at competitive compensation, across multiple shift and with generous overtime available.
- Supervise the activities of departmental personnel to ensure operations are in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and assigned tasks.
- Read, calculate, and record analysis data to produce a report for the client. Correct any discrepancies that occur.
- Administer corporate human resource programs relating to employee recruitment and retention, compensation, training and development, equal employment opportunity, performance appraisal, and employment record documentation.
- Educate and train departmental personnel on correct procedures and new analysis methods. Evaluate current methods and recommend modifications as new procedures become available.
- Maintain supplies and instrumentation for operating departments.
- Responsibility and authority, in conjunction with the Operations Manager or Lab Director, to cease specific analyses under their responsibility when evidence from the quality system indicates the process is not in control and the quality of the results is compromised as a result of the non-conformances.
- Maintain knowledge of the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) that is required to complete job responsibilities.
- Maintain expertise in the field of food science by attending relevant seminars and using available reading material.
- Bachelor’s degree (Chemistry, Biology, or related field) with 2-5 years of relevant work experience OR a master’s degree
- Basic knowledge of microbiology and chemistry
- Extensive knowledge of laboratory safety procedures with the ability to perform lab tests and interpret the results.
- A general knowledge of food science is necessary to supervise the analysis of samples.