Our client, a leader in pharmaceutical manufacturing, is seeking to add a Manufacturing Technician to their team in Gaithersburg, MD. You will be responsible for supporting manufacturing activities, including operating biopharmaceutical equipment, preparation of buffers/media, and assist in process improvements.
Shift: 1st shift/2nd shift rotation Monday-Friday
Type: 6-month contract-to-hire
- Learn how to operate the bio-pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment such as: cleaning/sanitization of equipment, washers, autoclaves, environmental monitoring cleaning verification sampling, tanks and in-process testing instruments.
- Monitors critical process parameters, troubleshoots during processing and recommends potential solutions to management.
- Learn in unit operations to improve quality, ensure safety and process efficiency/accuracy
- Learn how to develop new concepts, techniques, and work with standard operation procedures.
- Reviews executed Production Records for accuracy and completion of process steps within a good manufacturing practice/ good documentation practices (GMP/GDP)
- Ability to utilize MS Office tools
- Preparation and filtration of production scale buffer and media solutions.
- Operate area specific production equipment such as glass washers, autoclaves, fixed and portable stainless steel tanks, etc.
- Weighs and checks raw materials, assembles and cleans process equipment, monitors processes
- Dynamic individual with the ability to communicate and engage others.
- Independent and self-starting with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate a high level of drive and initiative.
- Logic and decision-making abilities, ability for critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrate leadership, organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change ways of working/identify opportunities to improve processes within cGMP clinical manufacturing environment.