Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Our partner is committed to servicing transplant testing, particularly in high complexity testing laboratories. They are continuing to expand throughout the United States and are looking for a CLS to join their team, in their location in LA!
- Follow laboratory procedures for handling and processing of sampling, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient results.
- Follow prescribed procedures, performing any of the tests within any of the laboratory specialties. Calculate the results of the tests performed, if necessary.
- Accurately enter results of testing, as needed.
- Issue accurate test results, if trained.
- Operate, calibrate, conduct performance checks, and maintain laboratory analyzers or equipment, as necessary.
- Recognize and correct basic analyzer malfunctions. Notify supervision/management, when appropriate.
- Maintain adequate inventory of supplies, reagents and materials.
- Evaluate media, reagents, and calibrators according to established criteria.
- Prepare reagents and/or media as per prescribed procedure.
- Conduct established quality control procedures on analytical tests, equipment, reagents, media, and products. Evaluate results of quality control, and implement corrective action(s) when indicated.
- Review and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Accept or reject test results in accordance with SOPs.
- Orient, mentor and/or teach new employees and/or employees that require cross-training on clinical laboratory methods, procedures and techniques.
- Adhere to all Quality Assurance, HIPAA and Safety standards.
- Adhere to all testing turnaround timelines.
- Meets basic expectations of DPT’s quality management system, including, but not limited to good workmanship, adherence to standard operational procedures, training, good documentation practices, accurate recordkeeping so the company may meet its stated quality policy and objectives.
- Document all corrections and/or corrective actions when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specification.
- $34/hr – $55/hr
- Sunday – Wednesday:11am-9:30pm; or
- Wednesday -Saturday 11am-9:30pm
- Bachelor’s (BA or BS) degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science, or medical technology from an accredited institution.
- The appropriate State License to perform clinical laboratory testing in which the laboratory is located.
- In California, must be licensed by the State of California Department of Public Health.
- Employee must provide a current copy of the license to laboratory Management.